Bring your M20 to life with this fully tuned, daily driven, and track tested performance chip. The SSSquid Tuning performance chip is the most complete tune on the market, with every aspect of the mapping being optimized from idle to wide-open-throttle.
This chip is compatible with:
- 1984-1987 BMW E30 325e
- 1984-1988 BMW E28 525e/528e
- How do I know if my ECU is 24 or 28 pin?
- Unfortunately there is no way to tell without opening the ECU. Fortunately, if you are unsure and do not wish to check, the 24-pin chip works in either the 24 or 28-pin socket! Simply leave the top 4 pin sockets (toward the notched end) of the 28-pin chip socket unpopulated (empty).
- Only stock injectors are available under “Injector Size”, but I want to use upgraded injectors. What do I do?
- The 325e ECU uses an out-dated injection control system that is not compatible with most every injector manufactured after 1985. Unfortunately, this means that there are very few plug-and-play injector upgrades for the 325e.
- The 325e utilized low-impedance injectors, whereas most every injector that fits into the rail will utilize a HIGH-impedance system. A low-impedance injector gets a current of 5-6 amps, whereas a high-impedance injector will receive a current of only around 1 amp.
- Putting 6 amps of current through an injector that is only designed for 1 amp means the injector WILL fail soon, and it WILL NOT flow correctly.
- You MUST run low-impedance injectors as an upgrade. Unfortunately, most are not a compatible form factor, are for diesel applications, and flow huge amounts (80lb/hr+) that are not easily compatible with the 325e system (which flows only 13lb/hr stock).
- I have mustang injectors (email@example.com, aprx. 17.6lb/hr on the M20 3bar system), will they work?
- Please see above question about impedance. They will not work.
- I have M50 injectors (firstname.lastname@example.org, or aprx. 15.3lb/hr on the M20 3bar), will they work?
- Once again, please see the above question about impedance. They will not work.